Tips for using the Vivint Smart Hub in your Tempe smart home
At the heart of your home’s security, the Vivint Smart Hub links your locks, security sensors, cameras, and thermostats into a unified system. This intuitive, 7-inch color touch-enabled panel places you in complete charge of your Tempe home’s security and automation. Learn more about what it can do and check out suggestions to get you started.
What can you do with the Vivint Smart Hub in Tempe?
Wirelessly linking to devices via radio wave transmissions and the Z-wave communications protocol, the Vivint Smart Hub is the control system for your property. You can disarm or arm your system, operate lights, set the temperature, and more. When adding a video doorbell, you may even talk to visitors on your front porch. The Vivint Smart Hub features cellular capability and a backup battery for added reliability. It also provides complete remote operability with the Vivint mobile app.
Here are some of the things you can do:
- Check current or saved video streams from all linked surveillance cameras
- Disarm or arm your home security
- Turn lights on or off
- Close or open your garage door
- Modify your home comfort settings
- Speak directly to monitoring agents
You can take convenience to another level with your Vivint Smart Hub in Tempe by programming schedules or initiating preferences. For instance, you might have your smart thermostat automatically adjust every night at a specified time. Or, you can set preferences like having your doors unlock if the smoke alarm trips.
Quick guide to arming and disarming your home’s security
Before you jump into all the amazing things your Vivint Smart Hub can perform, you’ll want to understand how to arm and disarm your security. It’s easy - just abide by these steps:
- Press the shield icon on the home screen and slide to the right for “Away” and left for “Stay.”
- Stay signifies you will be inside your home and arms all sensors except interior doors and motion sensors.
- Away means you will be away, and each sensor in your home will engage.
- To disarm, just slide the shield icon down and input your PIN.
You’ll see a warning if the system isn’t able to arm. For example, an open window or door will cue you to take action. It’s worth noting that you may still arm the system by following the steps above. You will then have to verify that you wish to ignore the sensor that isn’t engaged.
Add or remove users to your Vivint Smart Hub in Tempe
Although various users can be programmed when you first get your system, you will likely want to add an additional user in the future. Here are step-by-step instructions to do so.
- Press the menu icon (three dots) at the bottom right corner of the welcome screen.
- Press “Users” and input your PIN.
- Touch “Add new user” at the bottom.
- Select “Name,” provide the new user, and hit the Next button.
- If you would like to provide the user remote capability, choose email or phone and enter the details to send an request.
- Touch Next and then establish a PIN for this new user.
- To delete a user, just navigate to the menu, press users, select the user you would like to remove, and then select “Delete User.”
Automate and secure your home with Vivint
Do you want to take charge of your home’s security and automation through an intuitive touchscreen interface? You’ll enjoy the Vivint Smart Hub and your new Tempe home security system. Dial (480) 360-6677 to speak with a helpful Vivint agent.